Bilbo's 111th Birthday Feast: Quick and Easy Bread
Bilbo's 111th Birthday Feast: Quick and Easy Bread Recipe from The Lord of the Rings.
Author: Feast of Starlight
- 400g / 14.5 oz / 3 cups - bread flour
- 45g / 1.5 oz / 1½ tbsp - olive oil
- 10g / 2 tsp - salt
- 1 tsp - granulated sugar
- 300ml - water, room temperature
- Combine the bread flour, sugar, yeast, salt, and olive oil together. Start to incorporate the bread flour and keep mixing until it forms a ball. Continue kneading for 10 minutes. Proof the dough by placing it into a lightly greased bowl. Cover and place it in a warm area for 2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Gently deflate the bread and place onto a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough into two equal parts. You can shape the bread into a boule or a baguette depending on what you prefer.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Once you have your desired shape, place it on a sheet of parchment on a pan. Let it proof again for another 30 minutes or until it keeps it's indentation when poked. Load the oven and spray generously with water before closing the oven door. Bake for 10 minutes and vent the oven to release the moisture. Bake for another 15-20 minutes until golden brown.